1. Kids rush out from sidelines onto the gym floor where eggs are waiting.
2. Each picks up an egg.
3. Joy ensues as they realize that the egg has a single chocolate inside.
4. They sit down, slowly and methodically unwrap the chocolate, and eat it.
5. In no rush, they get up, move on to the next egg, and repeat.
It rained the day before they started the job and it's raining a day after they finished as I sit here and write this from a deck chair at the YMCA while the kids play in dropoff.
Let's review the last six weeks:
1. Sick self
2. Potty Training
3. Sick self, sick family
4. Doctor visit, meds with unpleasant side effects
5. Long recovery
Yep, it's been an interesting time. My parents fly in tomorrow and the metaphor I'm using to describe my mental state is "crawling across the finish line". Sometimes when everything is as it should be and things are getting done, life is still just so full it kicks my butt.