1. Order and pay in the drive thru. Explain that I want to do Mom Valet but NOT have my order filled right away. Take receipt to show them later.
2. Park, walk in with three in tow. Go potty. Present receipt and ask for half the food on it: our ice creams and my Coke. Sit and eat with the kids.
3. Kids ask to play in the play place. If they follow the rules, I watch from outside the window at Devon's request. If not, I sit in there with them and referee.
4. Daddy arrives from work, we sit down, claim the rest of our food, and eat.
5. If all is still going well, we play again.
6. Our playplace-to-car extractions are the stuff of youtube videos. Thankfully, the last two have gone pretty well on Devon's end, with him actually putting on his shoes and walking out without needing a hand laid on him. Amazing! Hopefully that means it's going to get better.
Shortly after we joined the YMCA, we tried the bounce room and decided our kids couldn't handle it. They were too young and fragile to navigate the equipment with all the rowdy older kids. What a difference a few months makes! Now our kids ARE the rowdy older kids. We tried it last week and it was the best thing ever!!! On the miracle days that Devon naps, two hours in the bounce houses are just what he needs to be in bed asleep before ten pm.
We still go to play group on Thursdays, sometimes with "Miss Karolina and her Widdle Tiny Baby" (what the kids call Baby Victoria). It's SO nice to have a friend to come along, with the safety in numbers that it brings. I can potty ONE child in a public restroom without having to round up the other two. BLISS!!!!!