Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ultrasound, June 9, 2011

On the morning of my 30-week sonogram, I strapped Devon into his high chair, sat down with his bowl of oatmeal, and tried to cross my legs. I couldn't. My leg slid right off and back to the floor. It's one more sign that I'm getting pretty big, but at least I'm supposed to. My funniest milestone when I was pregnant with Devon was the day I told my students to make a circle with their desks, sat down in a desk to be casual, and had to pop right back up again because I was too fat and the desk grazed my stomach. My students thought it was pretty funny.

The upside of not having much room left at my waistline is that hopefully the girls have made up their minds and will stay head down, making a normal delivery at least a possibility. The tech still called righty Twin A, since her head is still furthest down. The rest of her body is curled up like a cashew around Twin B, whose body then curls around the top of A.



Twin A is still the photogenic one, giving us a good face shot, a profile, and a crown shot where we can see that she definitely has hair. Twin B is still hiding next to her identical sister. As usual, they were both moving up a storm, and it took the tech a long time to get a good cord reading because they would turn away from the wand whenever she would try.



Way more important than the pictures, though, were this week's measurements. At the last visit, A was 15% larger than B, which is pretty normal but the doctors still watch closely to make sure everybody's still growing. Today, the gap had narrowed to 2%, with each baby measuring out at about 3 1/2 pounds! That's still way above average and fabulous for mono-di twins! The doctor felt confident enough in their growth to still schedule my sonograms 3 weeks apart.

No wonder I'm feeling like I'm really sharing my space with these girls. Devon was born at a healthy 7 lbs. 2 ozs., so the twins together weigh what he did when he was born! I'm very thankful that they are growing so well, since their weight and activity means that they are in good health now and should stay healthy. I was aiming for 11-12 pounds of baby by 37 weeks, the end of a normal twin pregnancy, and it looks like we're right on target.

No comments:

Post a Comment