Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Easter (?) May 10, 2013


I just got our Easter pictures back from my talented friend who took them.  They're definitely worth the wait!


I think this one is the first time I've ever seen all three posed, looking, and not buckled into something to keep them from running away.  It helped that it was taken at the community Easter Egg Hunt where plenty of friends were there to help them keep still.

I know, I know.  My kids running through the grass looking for pagan fertility symbols.  Some Christians are bothered by the more secular celebrations of Easter, but we aren't.  Besides, my quip from last year still bears repeating.  Just look at these darlings.  Three kids born sixteen months apart!  We're way past the point of being scared of a little fertility!


The temperature on my phone said fifty degrees, so I put the kids in warmer outfits instead of their usual perpetual summerwear.  Of course, when I got to the park, it was plenty hot so I probably should've let them wear their Easter clothes.  Oh well.


One more shot.  These are Devon's three-year-old pics as well, seeing that his birthday was on Good Friday.  This was his first big egg hunt.  He was ecstatic!



Group picture of the participants.


 Our wagon got a lot of use.


These were our REAL Easter pictures.  I tried hard to get the girls posed in their new dresses and headwear.  Wasn't going to happen.


Easter itself was pretty anticlimactic.  Craig made our lamb stew while I took Devon to church, and we ate it in our pajamas as the kids napped.  We were tired from Devon's party the day before, and we didn't have family close by to cook for us and at least outnumber our kids for a few hours.

Jesus is risen.

He is risen, indeed!

It doesn't matter what we do or how we feel.  Our daily sacrifices for our kids can seem pretty overwhelming at times, but He did the real heavy lifting.  

We think about it on Easter, and every day.

His body... broken for us.

His blood... spilled for us.

We do these things in remembrance of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment