Sunday, October 20, 2013

Happy Fall: October 20, 2013


So, I'm sure you've heard that the government reopened its doors on Thursday.  Most people were surprised how little changed, but not us.  No more date mornings on the beach while the kids are at TOTS.  No more extra pair of hands to play with the kids while I load the dishwasher. 
On the upside, Craig resumes getting paid.  YAY!
Devon and Ally kitty are forming a tentative bond.  She usually lets him approach and stroke her for a few seconds before bounding away. 
We're flirting with letting the girls ditch the high chairs and sit at the table.  "I have to go peepee!" five or six times during a meal gets old fast.  Not sure we're brave enough to have three little runners that could take off at any moment...
I had a long, peaceful dinner with a friend this week.  I'm getting as much beach time as I can...

Carrie and Melina never got croup, but they have been snarky and coughing a bit.  I won't even tell you how early my day started this morning. 
These guys never leave my floor.
Our weekend included a trip to the pumpkin patch.  We left at noon, stopped for coffee, got cash, got gas, and were just headed out of town a whole hour later.  Part of the reason for the delay was an announcement from the back seat right as we were pulling away from Target.

Yes, she did have to go potty.  Score first peepee in a store toilet!!  Go Carrie!
It was a little surreal to be taking part in a traditional fall activity while sweating in 90+ degree weather and wearing lots of sunscreen.
Devon enjoyed the bounce house.
The kids got their first taste of cotton candy
Devon rode in a wheelbarrow.
We scored a nice family photo, a rarity for us.  All three looking and pleasant.  Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment