Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Roundhouse Kick to the Face: March 27, 2012

I'll begin with this week's picture of Carrie and Melina sitting still.



It's my only one. Now that we've have two crawling babies, they're exploring all the different things that this can mean. Carrie, especially, is enjoying her new role in our family.



Instigator.

I've posted before that she is more even tempered than Melina, and sometimes wondered if she gets ignored too often when my other two act more needy. Well, I'm oddly comforted by the fact that she now throws her weight around. Carrie's always had 1 lb. 4 oz. more junk-in-her-trunk than Melina. She's the Peter Paul Rubens to Melina's Venus de Milo.

Believe me, in the past few days she has not been ignored. I've seen her grab a fistful of Melina's hair in each hand, push her sister's face into the carpet, and then climb on top of her in a move that is all Chuck Norris. I don't have this on camera because I'm moving to break up Twin Smackdown before someone gets hurt.



Carrie's a big fan of the kitchen, with the cool feel of the tile against her legs and bottom and all the doors that Devon leaves open for them to investigate.



I try to see her joy first and think about the mess later. So, I run to grab the camera, and as I frame a shot around the corner shoots Melina. They giggle and flap until I decide that the hard floor is a less appropriate place for wrestling and suggest a different venue as well as a different toy.

Where is Devon when all this is going on? Right there with them. He likes to sit still even less than Carrie and Melina do. I tried to get a picture of the three of them once this week. My camera was accidentally set on video, so it captured Devon doing an unexpected somersault right between his sisters. His big toe grazed Melina's cheek and she did a characteristic full-body startle, flipping over on her back and flopping around like a trout.

Yes, Chuck Norris would feel right at home at my house lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment