Monday, February 4, 2013

First Haircut, February 3, 2013


Their hair has been getting a little long.


Devon traded his little boy hair cut for a buzz last week.  All week long Vero moms have been talking in hushed whispers about the L-word and combing through their children's hair looking for nasty white bugs.  I didn't want to take any chances.

Devon took the haircut about as well as he ever does.  I held him scissored between my legs and did it quickly while he struggled and screamed.  We went for a dip in the pool afterward to repair the damage to our relationship.  He is now old enough to put the experience into words.

"Did Mommy buzz all your hair off?  I said "No!  Mommy, don't buzz all my hair.  It went BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRMMMMMM  BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM," he says over and over.

On Friday the girls turned eighteen months old, and we decided that they also needed a new look.







Melina seemed to enjoy the experience, although she had trouble holding still.  Daddy and Veggie Straws to the rescue!

Carrie's "before" pictures include evidence of the incident that prompted the haircut: a shiner on her cheek from accidentally walking into a wall.  We thought she could see better if her bangs weren't hanging in her face.








Carrie and Daddy watched the Super Bowl together, giving me a chance to photograph her hair from the back.



I did the best I could with the scissors, even though my inquisitive, squirmy girls kept moving and pointing.  Just as I would line up a straight cut, they'd jerk their heads around and I'd let go.  I don't think a hairstylist could have done better.  Thankfully, if the girls can't stop long enough to let people look at their hair, nobody will notice that it's not straight.

I was hoping that getting the hair off their faces would make them easier for strangers to tell them apart, but no such luck.

"So...... is Carrie the one with the uneven, whack-job haircut?"

"No, actually, that would be both of them.  Sorry!"

1 comment:

  1. They look so cute Krista!!! And they look so much older now too. Almost new children! LOL, I love the new look! :o)

    ReplyDelete